Thursday, August 15, 2013

We're Pregnant-Part II

If you missed the FIRST "We're Pregnant" post read it HERE.

Soooo as soon as I hang up the phone with Jess, she of course drives like a bat out of hell to my house, where I'm pretty much freaking my freak.. I felt so many emotions in that first 30 minutes that I cannot even explain.. scared, nervous, happy, excited, freaked out.

SO many ?s going through my head... Do I have to get a new car? How much is baby furniture going to cost? Can I do this? What about my birthday drinks and sushi?!HAH!... Should I take another test? How was Brandon going to react?

If you know me at all, then you know that in ANY situation I analyze EVERYTHING... and this was NO different!

Brandon and I had JUST had a conversation a week or so ago about WAITING to have a baby for "another year or so!" So this was TOTALLY unexpected! We have been married for 3 years so it's not a HUGE shock but still shock none the less!!

As soon as Jess arrived at my house.. I start chugging water like no ones business. I knew that I needed to take another test before Brandon got home. We also continued to get ready for my "birthday dinner" so that no one would be suspicious of anything!

We waited around 45 minutes or so and it was FINALLY time to take another test... within seconds... PREGNANT popped up across the screen! So for me, it was confirmed... I was going to be a Mommy!

By this point, I am searching PINTEREST high and low for a CREATIVE way for me to spill the beans to Brandon that he was going to be a daddy... but there was NO time for that.. he was on his way home and I knew there was no way I would be able to wait 2 seconds after he walked through the door to give him the news.

My fabulous sister had picked a cake up on the way that said "We're Pregnant" I placed my 2 pregnancy test on the cake -YES the ones I peed on! :) and it was all set!

Jess left to meet everyone for my birthday dinner and I waited on Brandon to get home from work so I could make my announcement.

I sat at the kitchen table and waited for his arrival.... just me and the cake... and waited for what seemed like 20 forevers!!

When Brandon walked through the door.. the first thing he said was "You look pretty!" If you know us then you know that that's the first thing he says to me EVERY day when he gets off work! ( luckiest girl ever)

I smiled at him and said "Look at my Birthday Cake!" He walked over and I popped open the box... he was silent for a second and before he could say anything.. I busted out into tears and said "I'm Pregnant!"




He seriously SMILED SO big I could see every single one of his pearly white teeth... I said " I know this wasn't the plan"... and he said "I'm excited!" There was lots of hugging and kissing and crying and hugging some more! :)

This is seriously one of the happiest moments of my life. I feel so blessed to have Brandon as my husband and now the Father-to-be to our child. I feel so blessed that this is MY life and SO thankful for everything!

The first few days were SO surreal and our appointment to see the Dr. wasn't for 4 more days so we refrained from telling any of our friends or family until we seen the Dr.  This was SO hard for me... We spend a lot of time with our family so to go almost a week without telling anyone was pure torture for me!

But the cat is out of the bag now and all is GREAT! Baby Powell is due March 20, 2013 and we could not be happier!




1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! Doesn't seem like it was that long ago I was feeling the same way. One word of advice....sleep for the next 9 months because after that, it's over sister!

    Found you while I was looking for a blog design over at Sweet Baby's.

    BTW, ROLL TIDE ROLL!! Good to see another Bama girl around here!

    Nik

    cowtailsandhaybales.com

    ReplyDelete